CURE Physical Therapy Therapeutic Yoga ProgramYoga is a mind and body practice with historical origins in ancient Indian philosophy. Like other meditative movement practices used for health purposes, various styles of yoga typically combine physical postures, breathing techniques, and meditation or relaxation. This fact sheet provides basic information about yoga, summarizes scientific research on effectiveness and safety, and suggests sources for additional information.
Why Participate in Our Therapeutic Yoga Program?Many people who participate in our yoga program do so for the following reasons:
- To maintain their health and well-being,
- To improve physical fitness,
- To relieve stress,
- To enhance quality of life.
Things to Consider with Our Yoga Program
- Do not use yoga to replace conventional medical care or to postpone seeing a healthcare provider about pain or any other medical condition.
- If you have a medical condition, please communicate this to us before starting our therapeutic yoga program.
- Everyone’s body is different, and we will help modify yoga postures based on your individual abilities. Make sure you share any physical limitations and inform us about any medical issues you have.
- Please communicate to us about any other complementary health approaches you use. This will help ensure you will have a well coordinated and safe experience.